15 March 2020
As diagnoses of Coronavirus continue to increase across the UK and with ever increasing changes needing to be made to all of our daily lives, we can assure Buffa customers that the business has in place suitable continuity plans to ensure that we remain open for both new and existing customers and that we minimise any disruption to you during this period.
What we're doing
The measures and precautions we have put in place to protect the health and wellbeing of our employees whilst still providing outstanding service for our customers include:
- Educating our team with the most up-to-date advice on the best methods to prevent the spread of coronavirus, both in the workplace and at home
- Requesting that all employees who show any possible symptoms of Coronavirus self-isolate in line with the latest official Government advice
- Making sure employees can work effectively from home and cancelling all non-essential work travel for all employees – this includes significant investment in our technology infrastructure to allow for seamless remote working for all Buffa employees
- Being fully resourced to support you and provide all of our customers with service that’s at our usual high-levels of professionalism, whether we are physically in the office or working remotely
- Reviewing and where applicable adding to our currently listed page of FAQ’s on the Buffa website in order to ensure we are hosting as much up-to-date and relevant information there for you as possible – and we would encourage you to take a look at this page first if you do have a question for us
- Where applicable, supporting our team if they have concerns about their own health or the health of their families and loved-ones, ensuring that they have access to our full business support resources
We’ve put these measures in place to ensure there is as little interruption to our services as possible.
We will update you about any such changes as they happen, and we will primarily be doing this via either Email or SMS communications, so please do look out for such notices arriving from us.
We're here to support you
Our team of UK Customer Service agents are dedicated to supporting you throughout the period of coronavirus and beyond.
And we're here to help if you're facing difficulties because of coronavirus.
What to do if you're affected by coronavirus
It's very important to let us know if you're affected by coronavirus and it's having an impact on your ability to make repayments against your Buffa loan.
We will never charge you a missed payment fee for missing a scheduled Buffa payment, but this still has potentially negative consequences for the health of both your credit score and your wider credit report. This can also lead to you being less easily able to access credit elsewhere in the future.
That’s why it’s vital that you let us know as far in advance as possible if you think you’re likely to have problems making a repayment to us as a result of the coronavirus.
If you're worried about missing a Buffa loan repayment because you've been affected by coronavirus or you're supporting someone who is, please get in touch with us as follows:
- Call us on 0800 1701 703 (Mon-Fri: 9am-8pm Sat-Sun/Bank Holidays: 10am-6pm)
- Email us – email@example.com
If you have any other questions or concerns about your finances, you may find it useful to refer to the Buffa Debt Advice Hub, where we offer a range of practical and useful articles relating to personal financial debt and how to take back control of your finances.
The Money Advice Service also offers free and impartial support, and the Financial Ombudsman Service’s coronavirus page also has some useful, regularly updated information for consumers. If you find yourself struggling to manage your money, either now or in the future, there are a number of organisations out there that offer free, independent and impartial advice.
Finally, below we have shared some links to sites where the very latest coronavirus information and advice will be detailed, and you may find it useful to refer to these sites both now and in the future for the latest information:
We recognise that coronavirus is a huge topic of concern and uncertainty and we sincerely hope that this blog article has provided you with both reassurances and some useful additional information.